School of Symbols - "SOS"
Here follows a detailed list for the subject material connected with each of the 26
letters of the Alphabet:
Introduction to "The School of Symbols" - 12 page booklet.
1st. Lesson: "A"
- Astrological Symbolism -
making the 10 planets & 12 signs living within us
- Alchemical Symbols - travelling the
Lead-Gold Path towards wholeness & healing
- Animal Symbolism - contacting our Power
Animals, a shamanistic approach
- Arthurian Symbols - taking our seat at the
Court of King Arthur & the Round Table
- Art & Architecture - unfolding our Inner
Eye looking at visual masterpieces
- Apocalyptic Symbols - investigating "the end
of days" & Book of Revelations
2nd. Lesson: "B"
- Body Symbols - looking at the entire body,
plus breathing-blood-brain & bones
- Biblical Symbolism (1) - Old
- Biblical Symbolism (2) - New
- Buddha & Buddhist Symbolism
- Bird Symbols - messengers from
- Bridges - becoming a
- Beauty & the Beautiful
3rd. Lesson: "C"
- Center, Circumference & the
- Crown, Crest and Coat-of-Arms
- Chakra Symbolism - looking at the 7 energy
centers in the body of light
- Colour Symbolism - the whole spectrum of
- Chaos, Crises & Creativity
- Christmas Symbolism - looking at our
celebration of December
- Crop Circles - wonderful geometric art forms
that mysteriously appear in the fields
- Child Symbolism - exploring our Inner
4th Lesson: "D"
- Dream Symbolism
- Darkness, Death & Dancing with the
- Doves & Dragons - transforming our inner
dragons & becoming at peace with oneself
- Druid Symbolism - exploring the "men of the
oak trees" and their mystical teachings
- Directions - the 7 directions:
North-South-East-West, plus Above-Below and the sacred Center
- Danish Symbols - the national life of the
Danes expressed in symbols
5th. Lesson: "E"
- Eye Symbolism - working with the Eye (I) of
- Egyptian Symbols (1) - Introduction to a
selection of gods & goddesses
- Egyptian Symbols (2) - Looking at the use of
magical symbols & amulets
- Egyptian Symbols (3) - Temple
- Elements - exploring the 5 elements within
- Ennegram Symbolism - the ancient system of
personality types as a 9-pointed star
- Empress & Emperor Symbolism - from the
Tarot images, Keys 3 & 4
- Eternity - looking at different
interpretations of the Eternal
- Easter Symbolism - the richness of symbols
in our celebration of this Festival
6th. Lesson: "F"
- Fire Symbolism - fire in all its
- Flag Symbolism - looking at the Flags of the
- Father Symbols - the Great Father
archetype & the personal father
- Freemasonry Symbols & Symbolism - the
cube, square & compass, the journey etc.
- Fish, Fishing & the Fisher
- Flowers and Fairies symbolism
7th. Lesson: "G"
- Gods & Goddesses - looking at the same
archetype from different pantheons
- Garden Symbolism - from the garden of
earthly delights, into historical homes, herbal gardens etc.
- Grail Symbolism - searching & finding
the Holy Cup
- Glastonbury? exploring the wealth of
symbols connected with this small English town
- Gold & its Symbolism - the "flesh of the
gods" according to the Egyptians
- Greek Symbolism - exploring the ancient
Greek pantheon & its contribution to consciousness
- Giants - awakening the giant within
8th. Lesson: "H"
- Head & Heart
- Health & Happiness
- Heaven & Hell Symbolism - different
cultures & their viewpoints
- Hand Symbolism - including a look at the
science of palmistry
- Hermaphrodite - becoming whole with our
- Hero Symbols - the archetypal journey of the
- Hermes Trismegistus - the
"three-times-great" legendary teacher of humanity
9th. Lesson: "I"
- Initiation Symbls (1) - following the yearly
path of initiation into the 4 seasons
- Initiation Symbols (2) - the? Initiations
of Jesus the Christ, from Birth to Ascension
- Initiation Symbols (3) - Egyptian Temple
- Identity & Identities - the purpose and
expression of one's identity
- Impossibilities - looking at what we mean by
10th. Lesson: "J"
- Jerusalem - symbols surrounding the true
meaning of the holy city
- Jungian Symbolism - an in-depth
investigation of Jung's system of classification
- Jewels & Gems Symbolism
- Jewish Symbolism
- Judgement Day Symbolism
- Journey - a shamanistic journey with the
Celtic Book of the Dead
- "J" on the Temple Pillar
11th. Lesson: "K"
- Kabbalistic Symbolism (1) - The Tree of Life
and its 10 Spheres
- Kabbalistic Symbolism (2) - Ascending the
- Kabbalistic Symbolism (3) - Working on the
- King & Knight Symbolism
- Key - the symbolism of Keys
12th. Lesson: "L"
- Letter Symbolism - exploring letters in the
western & eastern alphabets
- Life-Light-Love & Law - looking at these
four "L" letters
- Ley-Lines & Landscape - researching
these power lines within the landscape
- Labyrinth Symbolism - entering into
labyrinth's and mazes
- Lotus symbolism - being born within the pure
- Lamp & Lantern - becoming a light bearer
13th. Lesson: "M"
- Man, the Microcosm of the
- Music & Musical Symbolism - including
symbolic meanings of 2 operas
- Myth & Magic - stories from an ageless
truth that reveal your personal myths
- Mandalas - creating your own life
- Magic Mirrors - working with seeing into the
looking glass clearly
- Mouth, Mother & Moon
- Marriage Symbolism - including ritual for
renewing vows with one's partner
- Muses - looking at the 9 inspirational Muses
of ancient Greece
14th. Lesson: "N"
- Number Symbolism (1) - Introduction to the
numbers 1 to 10
- Number Symbolism (2) - Name & Birth Path
- Number Symbolism (3) - Working with
- Nature Symbols - the wonderful creations of
- National Symbols (1) - looking at UK and
- National Symbols (2) - South American;
Austrailia; India, China & Japan
- National Symbols (3) - Scandinavian
15th. Lesson: "O"
- Omega, Ouroboros & symbols of
- Old Man Symbolism
- Orchestra - conducting the orchestra of your
- Openness - remaining open on the
evolutionary path promotes true freedom
16th. Lesson: "P"
- Priest & Priestess symbolism - looking
at the tarot keys 2 & 5
- Pilgrim & the Path
- Pyramid Symbolism - the significance of the
pyramid structure etc.
- Prometheus - the Greek culture hero &
symbol of working our own creative fires
- Political Symbols & Symbolism - looking
at different systems of government
- Power & Peace - living out our
- Pillar, Phallus & You
- Psychism - what is it and how to develop
- Plant Symbolism - working with the plant
kingdom, including significance of herbs
17th. Lesson: "Q"
- Quaternary - looking at Plato's number
- Quadrants - exploring the significance of
the 4 astrological quadrants
- QBL - the Jewish initials for the Holy
Qabalah or Bride's reception (Malkuth- Sphere 10)
- Queen Symbols
18th. Lesson: "R"
- Religious Symbolism - looking at main
religious images connected with the different faiths
- Relationship Symbolism - looking at
partnership exchange and equality
- Ritual - the meaning, purpose and practise
of ritual, which is "externalised meditation"
- Rose Symbolism - the perfection of the rose
of 22 petals
- Rebirth Symbols - images that connect us
with the process of rebirth & regeneration
- Ring Symbolism - looking at the epic "Lord
of the Rings"?/FONT>
- Red - exploring the colour & vibration
19th. Lesson: "S"
- Sex & Sexuality - a
long, hard look at sexual symbolism
- Sophia - Lady of the Stars, Mistress of
- Saturn, the Shadow & the Sun - what is
in the light & what is in the dark?
- Sacrifice & Salvation - looking at the
Hanged Man, Key 12 in the Tarot
- Scales & Sword - symbols of Justice
& the Laws of Karma
- Sphinx - the enigma of the Ages
- Space & Stars Symbolism - including the
tarot Key 17, "The Star" & the Seal of Solomon
- Serpents & Snakes
20th. Lesson: "T"
- Twins in Symbolism
- The Trinity & the Triangle
- Tree Symbolism - the tree knowledge of the
- Tarot Symbolism
- Teeth - symbol of the teeth within the mouth
- Temple Symbolism - what is temple
- Time - a wonderful look at the many symbols
- Theatrical Symbolism - including looking
at Shakespeare's play, the Tempest
- The Throne - placing oneself upon the seat
21st. Lesson: "U"
- Unicorn Symbolism
- Urn - working with the urn/vase/jug/cauldron
- Undines - working with the water
22nd. Lesson: "V"
- Vishnu and his 10 Divine
- Vine Symbolism - the vine & the
- Vision and the Veil - seeing and not
- Venus & Vulcan - goddess of love married
to the blacksmith of the gods
- Vau - the Hebrew letter for the "Son" in the
- Valley & Volcano
23rd. Lesson: "W"
- Warriors & Weapons - symbols of energies
used in the struggle to gain awareness
- Wheel Symblism
- Word Symbolism
- Wealth - looking at what it is and how to
increase one's wealth
- Wild Women & Wild Men
- Wells & Walls
- Will - exploring the "Will", the Cinderella
of modern psychology
24th Lesson: "X"
- the X factor
- Year symbolism?- the cycle of the 12
- Yin-Yan Symbolism
- Yoga & its
- Youth & Youthfulness
- Yellow Stage of Alchemy